Welcome to Overeaters Anonymous. This series of questions may help you determine if you are a compulsive overeater.
- Do you eat when you're not hungry?
- Do you go on eating binges for no apparent reason?
- Do you have feelings of guilt and remorse after overeating?
- Do you give too much time and thought to food?
- Do you look forward with pleasure and anticipation to the time when you can eat alone?
- Do you plan these secret binges ahead of time?
- Do you eat sensibly before others and make up for it alone?
- Is your weight affecting the way you live your life?
- Have you tried to diet for a week (or longer), only to fall short of your goal?
- Do you resent others telling you to "use a little willpower" to stop overeating?
- Despite evidence to the contrary, have you continued to assert that you can diet "on your own" whenever you wish?
- Do you crave to eat at a definite time, day or night, other than mealtime?
- Do you eat to escape from worries or trouble?
- Have you ever been treated for obesity or a food-related condition?
- Does your eating behavior make you or others unhappy?
Have you answered yes to three or more of these questions? If so, it is probable that you have or are well on your way to having a compulsive overeating problem. We have found that the way to arrest this progressive disease is to practice the Twelve-Step recovery program of Overeaters Anonymous.
© 2002 Overeaters Anonymous, Inc. All rights reserved. All rights reserved.
Reprinted by permission of Overeaters Anonymous, Inc.
|Call Us: 732-637-9420|
|Mail Us: CJIOA,402 Main Street, Unit 100-255, Metuchen NJ 08840|
|Click here to sign up for our email alerts.|
|Click here to have your meeting changes posted to the Website.|
|Click here to add your name to the Men's Contact List|