1. The ultimate responsibility and authority for OA world services reside in the collective conscience of our whole Fellowship.
2. The OA groups have delegated to the World Service Business Conference the active maintenance of our world services; thus, the World Service Business Conference is the voice, authority and effective conscience of OA as a whole.
3. The Right of Decision, based on trust, makes effective leadership possible.
4. The Right of Participation ensures equality of opportunity for all in the decision-making process.
5. Individuals have the right of appeal and petition in order to ensure that their opinions and personal grievances will be carefully considered.
6. The World Service Business Conference has entrusted the Board of Trustees with the primary responsibility for the administration of Overeaters Anonymous.
7. The Board of Trustees has legal rights and responsibilities accorded to them by OA Bylaws Subpart A; the rights and responsibilities of the World Service Business Conference are accorded to it by Tradition and by OA Bylaws Subpart B.
8. The Board of Trustees has delegated to its Executive Committee the responsibility to administer the OA World Service Office.
9. Able, trusted servants, together with sound and appropriate methods of choosing them, are indispensable for effective functioning at all service levels.
10. Service responsibility is balanced by carefully defined service authority; therefore, duplication of efforts is avoided.
11. Trustee administration of the World Service Office should always be assisted by the best standing committees, executives, staffs and consultants.
12. The spiritual foundation for OA service ensures that:
- No OA committee or service body shall ever become the seat of perilous wealth or power.
- Sufficient operating funds, plus an ample reserve, shall be OA's prudent financial principle.
- No OA member shall ever be placed in a position of unqualified authority.
- All important decisions shall be reached by discussion, vote and, whenever possible, by substantial unanimity.
- No service action shall ever be personally punitive or an incitement to public controversy.
- No OA service committee or service board shall ever perform acts of government, and each shall always remain democratic in thought and action.
© 2002 Overeaters Anonymous, Inc. All rights reserved. All rights reserved. Reprinted by permission of Overeaters Anonymous, Inc.
|Call Us: 732-637-9420|
|Mail Us: CJIOA, 402 Main Street, Unit 100-255, Metuchen NJ 08840|
|Click here to sign up for our email alerts.|
|Click here to have your meeting changes posted to the Website.|
|Click here to add your name to the Men's Contact List|