The Central jersey Intergroup of Overeaters Anonymous provides support to the meetings and the fellowship in Union, Middlesex, Somerset, Hunterdon, Mercer and Monmouth counties.
NO MEETING - THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2023 - The Online Thursday Night 7:00pm Literature meeting will not be held this Thursday, 11/23/23.
Monday Night Meeting - In-person or telephone Hybrid, 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Trinity Episcopal Church (School entrance)
503 Asbury Avenue
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
(Parking available in church lot or on the street)
This is a permanent move from the Shrewsbury Presbyterian Church
Contact: Lucille P. 908-419-5536
Saturday Big Book Meeting is back. Please join us Saturdays from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Contact person: Sima 908-499-3993
Thursday - 7:30-8:30 pm; Literature/discussion
Fellowship Bible Church
109 New Amwell Rd, Hillsborough Township, NJ 08844
Meeting held in the church basement (effective 2/3/22).
Contact person: Jacqueline 732-354-6002
Wednesday and Friday - The Jackson meetings are in person. The meetings are located at Debows United Methodist Church, 509 Monmouth Rd, Jackson.
For information call Ross 732-239-7209
Tuesday and Saturday - We are going back to St. Luke's Church. Tuesday 7 PM Big Book and Saturday 11 AM Discussion will be returning to St. Luke's Church effective October 22 (Saturday) and October 25 (Tuesday), 2022. Please feel free to join us. (St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 17 Oak Ave, Metuchen, NJ). We meet in the Fryer Room of the Parish Hall.
Saturday - The 10:00 AM Big Book meeting is pleased to announce that we are now meeting in person! First Baptist Church, 86 Maple Avenue, Red Bank, NJ. Side entry to office building, 2nd floor conference room. Contact Janice Z. 732-720-9100
Wednesday - The 7 pm Literature meeting has returned to meeting face to face. For more information please call Judy at 908-955-4445.
Get the word out!
Is your meeting being advertised via your host's communication media: newsletter, bulletin board, website link? For example, RWJ Rahway, Fall 2015 newsletter, "The Rose", includes our two OA meetings in their Support Groups column. It reads: "Overeaters Anonymous is a peer-to-peer group for compulsive eating disorders that uses a 12-Step program. The group meets Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 11 a.m. in the RWJ Rahway Fitness & Wellness Center Conference Room." Ask your host how you can spread the word.
Celebrate your meeting's anniversary date
Need a pick me up for your group? Consider celebrating your Meeting’s Anniversary!
- Find out the date your meeting
- At a business meeting, create a committee to take care of the celebration details (program, coffee, program chair, a committee meeting date for planning, etc) .
- Create a flyer and let Intergroup know you will be celebrating your group’s Anniversary so our reps can bring that information back to their
- Send the flyer to our CJI website for posting (at least 2 weeks before the event).
- You might want to have group members speak who are celebrating anniversaries of
- If you would like a speaker and don’t have one in mind, reach out to Intergroup for help.
- Invite people who were regular members who may not have visited the meeting for a while. It’s always great to see old friends and have them speak about their memories of the meeting.
- Anniversary celebrations are a great way to create a bonding event for your group members. Group members can connect with old friends and remember together the joys and strength we find in our wonderful program of recovery. Please feel free to reach out to us at Intergroup if you would like to plan an anniversary meeting event and need some additional support.