The Central jersey Intergroup of Overeaters Anonymous provides support to the meetings and the fellowship in Union, Middlesex, Somerset, Hunterdon, Mercer and Monmouth counties.
The Wednesday and Friday Jackson meetings effective 8/11 and 8/13/ 21 will again be meeting in person. Covid precautions in place, unvaccinated must wear masks and social distance; for the vaccinated, masks at this time are optional.
The meetings are located at Debows United Methodist Church, 509 Monmouth Rd, Jackson.
For information call Ross 732-239-7209
The 11:00 AM to 12 Noon WE ARE NOT A GLUM LOT Voices of Recovery OA meeting is returning face to face Tuesday 7/13. Spread The Word!
St James Church
69 Broad Street, Eatontown
Entrance and parking lot in the rear off Throckmorton Street.
Please bring your VOR meditation book. By group conscience they highly recommend that persons attending the meeting be vaccinated. Persons who are not vaccinated will be asked to wear a mask and social distance per the church’s request. Questions: Janice 732 720 9100
The Wednesday 7 pm Literature meeting (Westfield) has returned to meeting face to face; social distancing and the wearing of masks will be observed.
For more information please call Judy at 908-955-4445.
The Shrewsbury 7:30 Monday Night In Person/Phone Hybrid Beginners Meeting
is Moving Back Outdoors Starting Monday, May 3rd.
Location – Back Parking Lot of The Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury
325 Sycamore Avenue
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
Call in number 712-432-3920 / Code 807979#
(for those who wish to join via phone)
For those participating in person, please bring a lawn chair.
Also, please note that we will not have access to the church building or bathrooms.
Hillsborough OA meeting
Thursdays, 7:30-8:30 pm
Fellowship Bible Church
109 New Amwell Rd, Hillsborough Township, NJ 08844
Will be meeting in the church (effective June 3, 2021)
all CDC recommendations will be followed, including social distancing and masking.
contact person: Jacqueline 732-354-6002
Get the word out!
Is your meeting being advertised via your host's communication media: newsletter, bulletin board, website link? For example, RWJ Rahway, Fall 2015 newsletter, "The Rose", includes our two OA meetings in their Support Groups column. It reads: "Overeaters Anonymous is a peer-to-peer group for compulsive eating disorders that uses a 12-Step program. The group meets Fridays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 11 a.m. in the RWJ Rahway Fitness & Wellness Center Conference Room." Ask your host how you can spread the word.
Celebrate your meeting's anniversary date
Need a pick me up for your group? Consider celebrating your Meeting’s Anniversary!
- Find out the date your meeting
- At a business meeting, create a committee to take care of the celebration details (program, coffee, program chair, a committee meeting date for planning, etc) .
- Create a flyer and let Intergroup know you will be celebrating your group’s Anniversary so our reps can bring that information back to their
- Send the flyer to our CJI website for posting (at least 2 weeks before the event).
- You might want to have group members speak who are celebrating anniversaries of
- If you would like a speaker and don’t have one in mind, reach out to Intergroup for help.
- Invite people who were regular members who may not have visited the meeting for a while. It’s always great to see old friends and have them speak about their memories of the meeting.
- Anniversary celebrations are a great way to create a bonding event for your group members. Group members can connect with old friends and remember together the joys and strength we find in our wonderful program of recovery. Please feel free to reach out to us at Intergroup if you would like to plan an anniversary meeting event and need some additional support.